Sex Party NSW Local Government Policies - Council of the City of Sydney
Nightlife - A 24-hour diverse and vibrant city.
- Support a diverse and vibrant nightlife in order to maximise social freedom and as a means to combat alcohol-related crime.
- A planning strategy which promotes a variety of late-night social choices, including restaurants, cafes, entertainment venues, shopping and exhibitions.
- 24-hour public transport on weekends.
- Better street lighting in nightlife hotspots.
- No blanket lock-out or curfew.
Drugs - Expanding drug injecting rooms and decriminalisation of drugs
- Extension of drug injecting rooms beyond Kings Cross.
- Lobby for the decriminalisation of purchase, possession and consumption of all drugs for personal use.
Transport - An integrated transport plan for Sydney.
- No sniffer dogs in public streets and public venues.
- Public transport must be the priority in the city.
- Bus transit corridors through the city.
- Support light rail options through the city and to the universities.
- Cycleways properly integrated to add value to the transport and pedestrian networks.
- Study methods to reduce vehicle traffic in the city.
Sex Industry Businesses - End discrimination against adult businesses and sex workers
- Supporting the decriminalisation of sex work in NSW, and seeking to end local council discrimination against sex industry businesses including adult retail outlets.
- End discriminatory, restrictive and stringent planning requirements upon sex industry businesses.
- Local councils should support the location of brothels and adult businesses at ground floor level to ensure they are accessible to people with disability.
- Sex industry businesses should not need to relocate to industrial zones, which isolate sex workers into poorly lit unsafe areas.
- Sex workers should be able to operate from residential areas.
- Private sex workers should be permitted as exempt development in all zones to avoid harassment and discrimination.
- Sex industry businesses should not be subject to special provisions that set them apart from other businesses.
- Government should provide funding of safe houses for street based sex workers.
Accountability - Improved integrity, accountability and transparency for Council
- Establish an independent Internal Ombudsman to oversee the integrity of Council.
- Increase efforts to stamp out corruption and maladministration.
- Live web broadcast of all Council meetings.
- Increase the use of social media for community involvement in decision making.
Public Libraries - Sex education material in all public libraries
- Better use of Council's assets for investment in the city.
- Provide age-appropriate access to comprehensive sexual education material in all public libraries.
- Ensure that all public libraries include material relevant to queer and fetish communities.
• Click Here for Federal Sex Party Policies
• Click Here for New South Wales State Sex Party Policies