Australian Sex Party NSW Policies
| Print |
Written by Administrator
Monday, 14 March 2011 17:27
The Australian Sex Party NSW Policies
- Create one transport agency to plan, coordinate and integrate all public transport in NSW.
- Fast track implementation of a world-class integrated transport ticketing system.
- More support and less red tape for small business.
- A 24 hour vibrant cosmopolitan and world-class city.
- 24 hour public transport on weekends.
- More visible policing in nightlife hotspots, not penalisation of licensed premises.
- Complete overhaul of public transport in and through the CBD.
- Bus transit corridors.
- Light rail options.
- More open and green spaces, including turning Barangaroo into parkland.
- A full-time Member of Parliament for Sydney.
- No Internet filtering & No retention of browsing history.
- Legalise X-rated DVDs and films.
- The liberalisation and rationalisation of NSW censorship and classification laws.
- Repeal NSW police powers to act as enforcers and judges of adult material.
- Support for a uniform national classification scheme.
- Equal rights for GLBTIQ people in all aspects of life.
- Same sex marriage rights.
- Same sex adoption rights.
- Amend the Birth Deaths and Marriages Act to remove the requirement for surgery to alter the gender on the record of birth.
- Provide genital modification surgery under the NSW public health system.
- Ensure the right to safe and legal abortion.
- Repeal regressive surrogacy laws.
- Require the non-discriminatory provision of IVF services to same sex couples.
- Voluntary euthanasia laws.
- Equal rights and protections for sex workers.
- Full anti-discrimination protections for all sex workers.
- Complete decriminalisation of sex work.
- No licensing for brothels.
- No mandatory registration of sex workers.
- Establish an independent, but state-funded, advocacy organisation for sex workers.
ETHICS, RELIGION & EDUCATION
- Keep religion out of politics and the government system, including public schools.
- Ethics classes for all public schools.
- Qualified counsellors in public schools, not religious chaplains.
DRUG LAW REFORM
- Treat drug use as a health issue, not a criminal issue.
- Decriminalisation of all personal drug use and possession for personal use.
- Commercial drug trafficking to remain a criminal offence.
- Extension of drug injecting rooms beyond Kings Cross.
- No sniffer dogs in public streets and public venues.
- Legalise the prescription of heroin to registered and habitual users.
CORRUPTION, TRANSPARENCY & ACCOUNTABILITY
- Legalise and regulate cannabis for medical use.
- Stronger anti-corruption measure for the NSW government and public sector.
- Increased resources for the ICAC and the NSW Ombudsman.
- Establish independent statutory funds to provide guaranteed budgets to the ICAC and the NSW Ombudsman.
- Remove any Ministerial control and influence over the ICAC and the NSW Ombudsman.
- Greater privacy for citizens and their information.
- No covert access to private information without a court-issued warrant and independent review and oversight.
- Royal Commission into child abuse in NSW religious institutions.
- Royal Commission into the operation of DoCS in NSW.
- Legislate to prevent local government Councillors concurrently being Members of Parliament or Parliamentary staffers.
Click Here for Federal Sex Party Policies
Last Updated on Saturday, 19 March 2011 15:08